2018 Transportation Career Expo
March 22 - March 23
The Transportation Education Foundation of Georgia (TEFGA) was developed in 2007 as a non-profit organization partnered with the DOE to create awareness for transportation education. TEFGA strives to engage business and industry, instructors and students in the ever changing arena of transportation. By highlighting the job choices in automotive, aviation and maritime, as well as, the tie in to our public safety sector, TEFGA has allowed students to expand their horizons and realize the job opportunities available in the transportation field.
- Supporting programs in the following career pathways: Aviation Maintenance, Flight Operations, Automotive Service, Collision, Railway, Maritime, Public Safety and Distribution and Logistics.
- Facilitating career exploration opportunities in transportation.
- Providing work-based learning options for students through an internship program, which should continually adding new industry partners who are willing to work with students and train them for a career in the transportation field.
- Striving to constantly raise the standards of transportation career pathways education and ensure Georgia students receive rigorous training.
- Supporing local school systems in staffing, training, and certifying teachers.
- Establishing partnerships between local businesses and school systems with certified programs, who are training the workforce of tomorrow.
- Hosting the Transportation Expo and corresponding contests.